Skip to main content

Week 8: Progress

Progress chart image: Source
So far, I am really happy with my progress. In the beginning, I was wary of how my blog and my website would turn out. I am very excited about how they are coming along. With as hectic as the last semester has been, I am actually pretty proud of how things are coming along. Unfortunately, I have not been taking advantage of the extra credit opportunities like I should, but I look forward to doing some more in the future. The assignments I enjoy the most are actually the reflective assignments. Too often, we get caught up in the semester. We don't find any time to look back and see how far we have come. Time flies too fast when we live this way. The semester is half-way over and I did not even realize it. Looking forward, I hope that I can take better advantage of extra credit opportunities like I said that I would. I hope that I can get ahead of the assignments! That is my biggest complaint with my work this semester, I have been waiting until the last minute to complete assignments. This happens about 75% of the time. Hopefully over spring break I will be able to get ahead of myself and save myself some time for the busy weeks to come.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to a Future Teacher, Ex Wrestler

Hello Friends!         My name is Mikayla Chandler, I am a Junior here at the University of Oklahoma, and I am studying Secondary Language Arts Education. My go-to fun fact? I wrestled for 8 wonderful years of my life on an all-boys wrestling team. The years I spent wrestling were some of the most formative years of my life. If I was not studying to become a teacher right now, I would be training for the 2020 Olympics. The coolest thing about my major? I get to do what I love for the rest of my life. I cannot wait to teach English (hopefully on the high school level) to the next generation of young adults. I think it is beyond cool that I get the opportunity to become a teacher, I cannot think of anything I would rather be doing. Last semester I was enrolled in 18 hours while working nearly full-time, so I guess I am not really sure what class is my favorite, they all made me cry regularly. My favorite class was honestly probably my Young Adult Literature class, taught by Dr. Bain

Comment Wall

The Cultural Depictions of Dogs:  Homepage Goofy, who is allegedly actually a cow, not a dog:  Source

Week 6 Story Lab: Biography

Personal image of my brother Jackson, me, and my boyfriend, Jake. (In order left to right) Hot Sauce when I was eight years old, I created new daily plot to kill my four-year-old sister I locked her outside in the “too scary” dark I rolled her down the driveway in my “too big” rollerblades I left her hanging at the mercy of the “too tall” monkey bars I always knew my little sister was different, shit, for a solid month of her four-year-old life the only word she would utter was “hot sauce” thus, earning her the appropriate nickname Hot Sauce it was not until eighth grade that I realized just how “weird” that kid was acting out in class, being sent home from school, never felt herself my senior year of high school, Hot Sauces’ freshman year we had a class together, physical science I noticed that the name “Jackson” made a reoccurring appearance across her notebooks The name scrawled in loving calligraphy obsessively across her lab journal s